A Web walk each day with Peggie through a home called Peggie’s Place! . . . .
Wanna play “hide ‘n seek”? Are your KIDding? We’re grownups! “Well” – that’s a DEEP subject and I’ve just made two awful puns, but that’s not where we’re going – yet. No, we’re the grown-up little kids still playing hide ‘n seek with God, with family and friends, and with ourselves, crying, “Will somebody please find me and help me??”
Anger, depression, fear and anxiety, holding-on-to-hurts, low self-confidence and self-esteem – the list goes on and on – all the negatives in the book. “Stuff” can hide within our hearts so deeply we may not realize it’s there. But it is – and what to do? Stop playing “hide ‘n seek” in our world and…start running after Him, a step at a time…..
(1) We run to the Well of His Word and allow that life-changing Word to speak deep into our hurting hearts. Wait a minute, He’s sitting with “that lady” at the Well……well, move over, lady, we’re coming too!
(2) We let Him “dig out” the “stuff” in the hidden places…sure it will hurt, but it’s a healthy hurt. It frees up room in our hearts for Him and His wonderful Word about to invade our private world.
(3) We welcome His life-giving words into the hiding places of our heart. We let Him bring help and healing to our souls….
(4) We return to the Well, again and again, where we allow His Word to refresh and continue to heal every hidden, hurting place of the heart. His life-giving, life-changing Word will fill all those hidden places with His love, joy and peace; His Word will rule in our hearts…..and that’s sure better than our old, stinkin’ STUFF in control……and NOW, what to do??
(5) We go back into our world, this time with a heart full of God’s Word, ready to play a new game of “hide ‘n seek” as we share God’s Word now hiding in our heart with a very needy world “hiding and seeking” all around us…it’s His plan and it works….Try it; you’ll see!
Scripture: “Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee (Psalm 119:11 KJV).”
Today’s hymn: “Fill My Cup, Lord…” – You Tube
“Fill My Cup, Lord – You Tube
Today’s prayer: A Prayer the Well – a prayer in crisis times!
–Copyright 2013 by Peggie C. Bohanon, Springfield, MO 65803. All rights reserved.
–Find more devotionals by Peggie at The Devotional Buffet.
–Peggie’s Place! – home base for this blog!
A mini-portal with a mega-collection of Christian resources for all ages–humor, holidays, inspiration, education, missions, music, ministries and more!
+ + + + + + + + + + +
A feature link at Peggie’s Place!
–Coming soon: Fourth of July Celebration at Peggie’s Place
+ + + + + + + + + + + +
Diggin’ into the devotional and humor/inspirational archives!
…and add a daily byte of chocolate too!
+ + + + + + + + + + +
Today’s Scripture readings:
One Year Bible Blog
+ + + + + + +
–Please feel free to forward “Fun ‘n Faith” to friends and family.
–Have a great day serving the Lord!
–All Scriptures on this blog are from the King James Version of The Holy Bible unless otherwise designated.
–Fun ‘n Faith for the Soul blog is a Mon-Fri feature and an extension of Peggie’s Place, a personal ministry website. Subscribe with NewsReader or by email– or follow this blog via Networkedblogs.com.
A safety tip: Internet links and material may include other links and/or material which do not reflect my views or yours, Christian or otherwise. Please choose wisely and use with discretion! And if you find an ugly spider hiding in a dark corner,
you may smash it with a broom from my BROOM
CLOSET–I hate offensive stuff too!
–Please note: humor and inspiration pieces not written by me, including Tickles ‘n Truth and this blog, have been gathered from the Internet, through email, newsletters and such; credit is given to the author(s) when known. Should you have source/copyright info for any quote, photo, graphic or titled article on this blog, not properly designated or used, I regret any unintentional infringement; please notify me so I may correct/resolve the issue.
–Copyright 2013 by Peggie C. Bohanon, Springfield, MO. All rights reserved.